ARE U LOOKING FOR...

10/23/2010

What's next?

http://www.sothatsme.com.tw/


After last week's tutorial, I've been thinking of my whole year portfolio - about producing a free fashion publication in Taiwan.
For me, this is one of my dreams and it's a chance to force me clear these thoughts and execute it!
I had discussed my publication with my girl friend-Wen, who is a manager of her and her sister's own clothing brand in Taiwan.
They agent, introduce and sell Taiwan designer's collection, including clothes, accessiories, handbags.
"I want to deliver fashion concept and ideas, in addition, let Taiwanese know we also have a lot of good designers and well-designed goods" I said to my friend.
"You know, it's difficult. Cause You will facing a problem is that Taiwan does have a lot of creative designers, but they lack of operating, managing and marketing knowledge and platform. Perhaps you promote them for this month, and then they disappear in the market for next month." She mentioned the fact of Taiwan fashion market.

Another problem she mentioned is I should define more details about my fashion publication. I would probably not call my portfolio as an "Fashion Magazine" or "Fashion news" after consider the publishing term of above.

I think I need to start to think about the issues I list down as below and try to find references or information to deal with.

1. Style - high fashion or street fashion? (related to the target)
2. Content - the percentage of fashion concept or other topics that Taiwanese interested in, like music, finr art or life related?
3.Fix price - free ? (if I still want it to be similar with "STYLIST" )
4. Main concept I hope to delivered.
5. Layout, how many pages.

I will find the answers soon or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment