ARE U LOOKING FOR...

5/26/2011

Identity.

Just couple days ago, I receive my feedback from my tutors.
I got one well done for my research method project and need to identify myself and my work, which I think it's really a tough issue for me I always trying to avoid to touch.

I thought I finally did something right and lived my own life once for deciding studying what I always obsessed with.
I pretend to be strong and independent.
I live the way I like.
I thought I was happy enough that I can say I'm stronger than before.
However, I guess I was wrong.
These things couldn't show how far I went.
When I got my feed back, I eventually understood what I'm seeking for - difference.


-It's fear of being recognised as different, whatever the rhetoric to the contrary, that prevents many from achieving the identity to match what they state is their ambition.- The Art Of Identity

Before I left Taiwan, I met Joyce, a warm mother who is a IHDS lecturer in Taiwan told me I was designed to be different but I was so eager to be like others.
At that time, I felt flattered. 
I was told and trained to be humble, girly, sweet and not to stand out the crowd.
But now, it's time to break this rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment